The Gayatri Mantra is the form of eternal truth. It is the heart of all beings and the eternal Ved Mantra. Gayatri destroys the sins of the world. All the four Vedas have originated from this mantra:
In addition rishis have created 24 other Gayatri mantras - Sakam Gayatri - ''with desire'' Gayatri. The 24 words of the Gayatri appear in the form of the 24 Divine Shaktis.
1. Ganesh Gayatri: The repetition of this mantra is done for the destruction of obstacles and to succeed in difficult tasks.
Om Eka Dandhaya Vidmahe
2. Vishnu Gayatri: To develop sustaining power, this mantra is used.
Om Narayanaya Vidmahe
3. Shiv Gayatri: To invoke auspiciousness, That is to have pure thoughts and high spiritual feelings, this mantra is used.
Om Panchavaktraya Vidmahe
4. Brahma Gayatri: To increase productiveness, that is to increase the power of creative shakti, this mantra is used.
Om Chaturmukhaya Vidmahe
5. Rama Gayatri: This mantra is used to establish proper conduct and ethical behavior.
Om Daasharthaye Vidmahe
6. Krishna Gayatri: To bring dynamic energy into one's lify in order to be able to do anything, intense sadhana is done for this Divine power with this mantra.
Om Devaki Nandanaya Vidmahe
7. Indra Gayatri: To ward off any form of attack, intense sadhana is done for this Divine shakti using this mantra.
Om Sahasranetraya Vidmahe
8. Hanuman Gayatri: When there is a lack of fulfilling one's duty within oneself, then this mantra is used.
Om Anjanisutaya Vidmahe
9. Surya Gayatri: Worship with this mantra is very beneficial for curing grievous diseases.
Om Bhaskaraya Vidmahe
10. Chandra Gayatri: For the removal of suffering and to get peace from dejection and worries, this mantra has been used for the worship of this Divine Shakti.
Om Shirputraya Vidmahe
11. Yum Gayatri: This is universal prayer to gain fearlessness from death.
Om Putryaya Vidmahe
12. Varun Gayatri: To develop sweetness and melodiousness at all levels, in speech, action, dealing with others, etc.., this mantra is used.
Om Jalbimbaya Vidmahe
13. Narayana Gayatri: In order to establish discipline and make people listen to orders, one concentrates on this mantra.
Om Narayanaya Vidmahe
14. Nrishinga Gayatri: This mantra is used in order to acquire this Divine Shakti, which has shown itself to be successful in increasing our efforts and in acquiring bravery.
Om Ugranrishinghaye Vidmahe
15. Durga Gayatri: This mantra is used to acquire this Divine Shakti, which is used to gain victory over enemies, attackers and obstacles.
Om Girijayei Vidmahe
16. Laxmi Gayatri: This is the one Shakti believed to help in acquiring wealth, status, greatness, and fame; therefore, this mantra is used to invoke this Shakti.
Om Maha Laxmayei Vidmahe
17. Radha Gayatri: This is a unique Shakti to fill the activities with the feelings of Divine Love; therefore, this mantra is used to invoke this Shakti.
Om Vrishbhaanujayei Vidmahe
18. Sita Gayatri: To develop the Shakti of penance, it is very necessary to do worship with this mantra.
Om Janak Nandiniyei Vidmahe
19. Saraswati Gayatri: Learned scholars have said that the use of this mantra can help to increase the Shakti of the intellect and mental sharpness.
Om Saraswateyei Vidmahe
20. Agni Gayatri: This is a famous mantra used to bring effulgence into the life/force of the body and in every activity of love.
Om Mahajwalyei Vidmahe
21. Prithvi Gayatri: This mantra is considered useful in strengthening one's Shakti to remove wavering of resolve and in bringing steadfastness.
Om Prithvi Devayei Vidmahe
22. Tulsi Gayatri: To remove selfishness, increase selflessness, and make doing selfless service the goal of one's life, this mantra is very helpful.
Om Tulsayei Vidmahe
23. Hansa Gayatri: To awaken discrimination, this is a very powerful mantra.
Om Param Hansaye Vidmahe
24. Hayegriva Gayatri: When one is surrounded by fear on all four sides and is in need of courage, then this mantra is used.
Om Vanishavaraye Vidmahe
Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local