SRI SAI SATCHARITRA PARAYANA - The Benefits
1. After bathing in the sacred Godavary and after taking the darshan of the Samadhi in the Samadhi Mandir at Shirdi, you should read or hear the Satcharitra. If you do this all your threefold afflictions will vanish.
2. Casually thinking of about the stories of Sai, you will get interested in spiritual life, and if you go through it with love and reverence, all your sins will be destroyed.
3. If you wish to get rid of the cycle of birth and deaths, read Sai stories and remember Him always, and get yourself devoted to His Feet.
4. If you dive into the sea of Sai's stories, and then give them out to others, you will get an ever-new flavour of them and save the hearers from future misery.
5. If you go on meditating on Sai's Form, it will, in course of time, lead you into self-realization.
6. It is very hard to know or realize the nature of Self of Brahma; but if you approach through the Sagun Brahma (Sai's Form) your progress will be easy.
7. If the devotee completely surrenders himself to Him, he will loose his individual ego and be merged in Him and be one with him, as the river becomes cone with the sea.
8. If you thus become merged with Him in any of the three states, viz., waking, dream and sleep, you get rid of the bond of Samsar.
9. If anybody, after bathing, reads this with love and faith, and completes it within a week, his calamities will disappear.
10. If he hears or reads it daily and regularly, all his dangers will be warded off.
11. He will get the reward according to his faith and devotion.
12. If you read this with reverence Sai will be pleased, and by removing your ignorance and poverty, will give you knowledge, wealth and prosperity.
13. With concentrated mind, if you read a chapter daily, it will give you unbounded happiness.
14. One, who has his own welfare at heart, should study it carefully and then, he will ever remember Sai gratefully and joyfully in birth after birth.
15. By its study, the diseased and sick will get health, the poor wealth, the mean and afflicted the prosperity, and the mind will get rid of all futile and get steadiness.
(Extracted from Sri Sai Satcharitra, Epilogue)
The story of the picture: Portraid sent to Sadhu Bhayya by Baba.